Friday, April 30, 2010


In my humble opinion, I believe the best way to learn french is to get stranded in a French-speaking country. When you are completely left with no other resources, except French, you are forced to learn the language in order to survive. The radio, TV, internet, street signs, everything is in French. You can't help but absorb that language, via osmosis.

That's right! The best way to learn french is full immersion!

However, most of us don't have this luxury.

So what's the next best way to learn french? Purchase a course and completely digest all the information contained in it.

Now in my last post I mentioned an audiobook course, which normally would be the best of both worlds: audio (listening and hearing french) along with the instruction of a professional course.

However, what about an online course that offers versatility?

What about a course that shortens the learning curve?

Well, that's how I came across, Easy French Lessons. It's an online course that offers you a "shortcut method" of learning French. They claim that the best way to learn the language is "knowing what to say at the right time." So they are all about timing.

This was interesting to me. I had never heard of "timing" as being the tool to really grasp French.

What I liked about this program was "Shortcut learning" approach. I wanted to save myself the time of having to learn every single detail before moving on to the next little detail.

However, I did a little more investigative research and found their TOS (terms of service). I was more than a little hesitant after reading they have no phone support. It just seemed all too sketchy.

Overall, I do not recommend this program. The lack of "human touch" from this program makes me reluctant to recommend it.

Price: 4/5
Quality: 2/5
Ease of Use / Portability: 4/5
Mac compatibility: 5/5
Customer Support: 2/5

If you'd like to read more about Easy French Lessons, you can check out their homepage here.

No comments:

Post a Comment